Sunday 6 January 2013

4. Headhunters (15)



Dir: Morten Tyldum
Cast: Aksel Hennie, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Synnove Macody Lund

I didn't really know what to expect when I went to see Headhunters as all I knew was it was based on a book by Jo Nesbo, what the poster looked like and that a few other people I knew wanted to see it.  I am really glad I did manage to catch it as I really enjoyed it and, as you can tell from it being in this list it was one of my favorite films of 2012.  As I put in my original review I was sad that the guy who I bought my ticket off had to tell me it was Norwegian and had subtitles, people had walked out because of this!

Headhunters is a great thriller which centers on the life of Roger Brown (Aksel Hennie).  He is a very very successful headhunter for a major company and is quite rich but not rich enough, so he thinks, to keep up with his lavish lifestyle and to keep his trophy wife Diana (Synnove Macody Lund) happy.  To get a bit of extra cash Roger is also an art thief.  He questions the people he is interviewing to see if they house anything precious and if they do he, with the help of his partner in crime Ove (Eivind Sander), goes to the house when he knows they will not be there steals their originals and replaces it with a fake copy.  One day Roger is interviewing Clas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), Clas has an exquisite piece of art that if Roger could get his hands on it would set him up for life.  He does manage to get the piece but from here on in his life spirals out of control making Roger extremely paranoid of everything and everyone around him.

Another thing that I really loved about this film is that it was quirky and funny, sometimes wrong but in the good way.  Also I watched this before I had seen any episodes of Game of Thrones which of course stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie), given the shows hype I thought maybe more people would see this film because of that.




No comments:

Post a Comment