Sunday 6 January 2013

3. War Horse (12A)



Dir: Steven Spielberg 
Cast: Jeremy Irvine, Peter Mullan, Emily Watson


I wasn't too bothered about seeing this film when I first heard about it and is seemed a little to twee and not something that would really interest me.  Thanks to Sky Rewards though I got 2 free tickets to an advance screening one Sunday morning way back in January.  As you can see with it being on this list I am so glad I did see it.  It was not exactly like I though it was and I cried about 5 times throughout the whole film, in fact when I looked at myself in the mirror in the toilet after the film I noticed my left eye looked like a pandas it was so smudged!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!






It was all the mini-stories in-between that made me cry, such as the two German boys (Leonard Carow and David Kross) and of course all the soldiers.  Looking at the certificate the film could easily have been watched by children, and indeed was and as such most of the traumatic death scenes were left to your imagination such as the torture of Maj Jamie Stewart (Benedict Cumberbatch).  I thought this was a nice touch although as we all know things can be  a lot scarier done this way!.  Ironically the story that had the least emotional attachment to the audience I felt was the main one with Joey the horse and Albert (Jeremy Irvine)!  On a closing note and an FYI to those who know me I feel I have to say that, although you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Thor, this is where the crush really started (see trailer for further details!) ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment